The consequences of frizzy hair are very clear to all of us: loss of shape, lack of control, lack of shine, open cuticles... However, few of us know what frizz is and why it occurs. We tell you about it in 3 lines!
What is frizz?
Hair is very sensitive to humidity. When the air is humid, water molecules are able to seep into the hair fibers causing the effect we dislike so much: frizz.
In this sense, any hair can become frizzy. When straight hair becomes frizzy, the hair gets out of control and becomes coarse. When wavy hair gets frizzy, uncontrolled curls appear. And when curly hair frizzes, it curls even more, gaining volume and rebelliousness. The fact is that all hair is sensitive to humidity and humidity causes frizz.
Treatments to combat frizzy hair
The good thing about all this (because there is always something good) is that frizz can be controlled and fought. Here are some tips and tricks to help you do just that.
- Smooth the cuticle with a moisturizing treatment like the Repair & Nutrition Plus routine. Its highly nourishing formula, which combines avocado and soy, is perfect for protecting the cuticle and giving your mane a silky texture.
- Never forget to use conditioner! If you have a lot of frizz, we recommend using it daily to keep your scalp hydrated.
- Say goodbye to products containing alcohol! They can greatly dry out your scalp, damaging it and making your hair even more prone to frizz. Our recommendation is always natural hair products, you know that!
- Avoid using heat tools. Moisturizing is key to combat frizz, so daily use of a hair dryer or flat iron can make frizz worse.
- Before blow-drying your hair, use a serum to provide natural protection to the cuticle. This will protect your hair from the heat of the blow dryer and prevent frizz.
- Dry your hair gently with a microfiber towel. The gentler the movements, the better. Avoid sudden movements that can damage the hair cuticles, static electricity and frizz.
We recommend that you pay special attention to these tips and treatments at specific times:
- In winter because with the cold the hair is dehydrated so the tendency to frizz will be greater.
- After summer because you will feel your hair dry due to continuous exposure to the sun and sea water.
- If you usually apply hair dyes.
And, as always, if you have any questions, write to us, we want to pamper your hair!
Highly nourishing conditioner that softens, provides shine and repairs dry or damaged hair.
Nutrition, repair and shine!
Serum that deeply nourishes and repairs dry and damaged hair.